Latest Shortcuts Live updates
Posted on 1st June 2017 by Erin Lewis
Updates effective from: 12th June 2017
Check out the latest updates to Shortcuts Live and the S.M.A.R.T. System!
- We have improved the appearance of appointments so that you can see information such as the tag and alert icon at a glance regardless of the appointment duration.
- You can now go directly from the Appointment Book to the customer card and Customer History screens via the appointment touch-tip.
- You can now mark an appointment as a "No Show" from the touch-tip and it will appear in a red colour to indicate that the customer did not show up.
- You can now view a customer's past 3 visits including the services completed and the employee who completed the services within the Appointment Book sidebar.
- A new field called 'referral' has been added to the customer card. This allows you to set how a customer was referred to your business, whether by marketing material or one of your existing customers.
- You can now add formula notes in the Customer History screen using the new Formula Note section.
- Due to changes in the Booking Analysis report, the export has now been updated to match the modified report.
- The Booking Analysis report now counts Online Booking and Salon App appointments correctly.
- Booking requests can be deleted via the API.
Mobile Guest App
- You can now let your clients book an appointment on behalf of a friend or family member. This is perfect for your clients who are visiting the salon with a friend, who would like to book on behalf of someone as a surprise gift, or who would like to book for someone who doesn't have their own mobile phone or Online Booking account. The client simply chooses the person's relationship to themselves (i.e. child, partner, friend) and the new person will be linked to their account for easy selection next time they book. Want to learn more? Watch this video.
- All customers linked to a single Online Booking account will have their past appointments displayed in the Appointment History screen.
- The customer name now will be displayed as first name followed by last name.
- If you stock Australian Skin Institute products, you can now display their logo on your mylocalsalon listing.
- Documentation for Online Booking now describes the API endpoint message required for authentication of customers using single sign-on.
- Users who have been made inactive at a site can no longer access that site.
- We have resolved an issue where Shortcuts Live would randomly indicate that a new version is available.
- If you click away during the appointment booking process, the incomplete appointment will now disappear from the Appointment Book in a single and multi-terminal environment.
- In the sidebar, the Previous Services category will display single block and multi-block services.
- We have resolved an issue to ensure that the status of cancelled appointments is updated correctly. You will not need to manually refresh the Appointment Book to see cancelled appointments removed from the screen.
- You can now book an appointment for a new customer without an error message appearing.
- An error message will no longer be displayed in the Appointment Book on days your business is closed.
- The appointment touch-tip will now appear correctly regardless of the browser used.
- The Appointment Book will now work as intended in Internet Explorer.
- Online bookings can now be marked as 'booked’.
- The Arriving list will now show all customers expected to arrive that day.
- When you reschedule an appointment on a mobile device, the information bubble will be displayed correctly at the bottom of the screen.
- Multi-site users can now access the Appointment Book on a mobile device, if they have the correct permissions.
- Appointment reminders will now be sent for appointments in both the "booked" and "awaiting review" status.
- We now record an appointment’s scheduled date and start time when sending a reminder. This ensures that the correct appointment date and time are listed in the reminder for appointments that have been rescheduled/moved.
- The service setup option will not appear in the menu for users who do not have permission to access service setup.
- When searching for customers you can now easily differentiate between active and inactive customers, as inactive customers will be greyed out.
- The duplicate client check feature now shows the Ignore button in red when a duplicate client is discovered.
- You can no longer add visit notes via the sidebar. Any visit notes that were entered via the sidebar were incorrectly being displayed in the client's first visit notes. Any affected visit notes have now been copied into the client's most recent visit notes.
S.M.A.R.T. System Console
- S.M.A.R.T. System Console users who are active at one site and inactive at another site can now log in to the S.M.A.R.T. System Console.
- An issue with the "Earliest booking allowed" setting has been fixed so that the correct booking slots are displayed in Online Booking.
- When a specific appointment date is selected, available time slots are now displayed correctly in the US.
- When a multi-block appointment is booked online, all blocks will now be displayed correctly.
- Zero duration service blocks will no longer be displayed on the booking confirmation page in Online booking.
- Guests can now book appointments for services with any duration using Online Booking, Mobile Guest App and Self Check-in.
Mobile Guest App
- If you are a Community Manager, the mySALONapp tile is now available and correctly displayed in the S.M.A.R.T. System Console.
- The mySALONapp tile is now available and correctly displayed in the S.M.A.R.T. System Console for the following countries: Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Oman.
- Your clients can now upload a profile picture using their camera roll or picture gallery when using iOS.
- Your guests can now book appointments successfully on mylocalsalon.
- When you upload images into the S.M.A.R.T. System Console they will be automatically cropped and resized for mylocalsalon and Facebook.
- mylocalsalon specials can be booked using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
- Surveys that were deployed through the S.M.A.R.T. System were not directing to the proper mylocalsalon listing or URL. They will now redirect to the correct regional URL.
- PNG images uploaded in the S.M.A.R.T. System Console will now be displayed correctly.
- If you are using the API to show service prices they will now be displayed correctly even if no tax schedule or rate is specified.